Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Mountain Raspberries

This last Monday I tagged along with my wonderful mother and Gayle Bryce and went on the hunt for some raspberries on Mt. Graham. It was so much fun. Gayle had never been raspberry picking before, but by the end of the day she was a true professional. For those of you who have never gone berry picking with my mother, I guess you could say she is ALMOST obsessed. It is so fun to watch her shimmy down precipices and crawl through brambles where a rabbit wouldn't go, all in the hunt for "the Granddaddy of all Raspberries" as Gayle so eloquently put it. Mom gets on the hunt and it is truly contagious. We had to pry ourselves off that mountain because we were all convinced that we were not going home until every raspberry on Mt. Graham was safely in our buckets. I think we're planning on making some raspberry jam with them. I'll keep you posted. I just want to tell those fun ladies "Thanks for letting me tag along! I had a grand time."

6 comments:

Mike and Kim said...

I don't know if we got them ALL, but it was pretty darn close! Thanks for going. It made it all the better! Now, on to the jam!!!

Heather said...

How fun is that! I definitely want to go next time :)

mary said...

Me too! You're the fun girls for sure!!!!

Mela said...

Hannah! Do you remember me? I found you through Maryann's blog. I was your beehive teacher! Congrats on the pregnancy! Hope you are doing well.

Evans Family said...

Hannah! Oh my goodness I am so sorry. The last few weeks have been super busy. I haven't been able to check my page until today. I would have gladly given you all the details. I am so sorry. I feel absolutly horrible. I hope all is well. Love and miss you!

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how your mom feels about berry picking. I never realized there were so many berries to be picked on Mt. Graham. Here we have Huckleberries, thimble berries and black berries. It really isn't such a big hunt, but it lots of fun and I love jams that come and fresh berry milk shakes.