Sunday, August 22, 2010



My beautiful baby girl has grown into a toddler and with that has come all of the joys that go along with it. The tantrums have started, she's having trouble sleeping through the night again (I thought we were past that), etc. etc. etc. I was having a particularly hard day a couple days ago, Collin had been gone to work for two days straight, I'd had discipline problems at volleyball practice, Jorgan was in a winning mood, and I was at my rope's end. I found this quote that I think I needed to see and read it. It hit me in a way that I know was inspired and it made me realize how fortunate I am, and that I need to focus on the positive things instead of getting frustrated with the things that I can't control. I have a wonderful husband who loves me and works SO hard for our family. He is the best dad to our beautiful little girl who is growing up so fast. She is learning new things everyday and so happy and loving. I just need to soak it all in and not take it for granted because her being this little and so innocent and precious isn't going to last forever. If I keep focusing on the laundry not being done, and the endless diapers that need to be changed, etc. I know I will end up regretting that I didn't take more time to enjoy her being little and learning how to say and do new things. I guess I just need a wake up call once in awhile to make me realize what a blessed life I have and how much I have to be grateful for.

4 comments:

payneful life said...

We all get a little caught up in the unnecessary things. But thank heaven for those little thoughts that come and remind us what we are really here for.

BTW I don't really know if the sleep thing gets better. My almost 3 year old doesn't always like to sleep either.

Andy and Michele said...

Well said! We all need that reminder every now again.

That is such a cute pic of her, and I absolutely love your family picture at the top!

Skinners said...

Its easy to get caught up in the "life" things that need to get done. We all need these reminders all the time. Hang in there girl!

Burdett Family said...

I can't believe how big Jorgan is. And she is so cute. Love the family picture.