Monday, May 12, 2008

Mothers

Okay, I know it's the day after Mother's Day, but I just wanted to write this down. A little thank you to the mothers in my life for being such wonderful people and examples to all of us. My mom has always had the best for us in her mind and even if it meant that she would go without she did it. She always has a smile on her face and makes you feel like you were exactly the person that she wanted to see and talk to, even if she has fifty other things that she has to get done before the day is over. Now that I have my own home and household I realize and appreciate all of the hard work and sacrifices that she made to make our home a great one. Her wonderful attitude and willingness to serve in any capacity has been a great source of guidence for me in my life. I simply have to think how she would react and I am a better person for it. Bottom line-- My mom is my best friend.
Collin's mom, Dub, is a wonderful person, whom I love and respect. She also makes so many sacrifices for her family and makes sure we all feel like we are loved. She is such a wonderful example to all of her family, and you can see how much her kids love her in the way they treat her. She did an amazing job raising my husband and teaching him to cherish his family and preisthood and I will be forever in her debt for that. She's doing a fabulous job as a mother-in-law and I can't think of anyone else I would rather have filling that role in my life.
Well, I'm audibly sobbing now (I am such a cry baby!) and can hardly see the screen to read what I'm typing, so I will leave it at that. Thanks ladies and we love you!

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

How sweet! You made me cry too. Thanks for the comfort on sending out a brother. I know we will enjoy hearing from him. So how did the phone call go yesterday?

Skinners said...

Okay Hannah-nanna! I was crying! You stinker! Thanks for that. It helped me to realize exactly what my job as a mother entails and how grateful I am for my own mother. What a blessing we have a women to get to be mothers!