Monday, July 7, 2008

Fourth of July

Fourth of July this year was really fun. Kinda lowkey, but I like it that way sometimes. For the actual 4th, Rochelle invited us to go and celebrate with her family in Central. My parents were up on the mountain, and Collins family were mostly out of town. We went over there and had a super fun barbeque and round of card games afterward. Those Ferrins sure do know how to play SPOONS! We were on our way to the spot that we usually watch the fireworks when they started up. We just kinda pulled over on the side of the road and watched them for a little while. Kind of a bummer, but it was okay because it was raining and lightning anyways and I almost enjoyed watching the lightning more than the fireworks. On Sunday morning we went to Columbine to be with my family for the day. Collin had never been to our cabin, nor to church at the mountain, so it was pretty fun for him. I saw some people there who I hardly ever see anymore and it was really fun to rub shoulders with them all. We had an amazing R.S. lesson by Leora Taylor about pioneers, and being our own kind of pioneer today. I swear there was not a dry eye in the place. It was really neat. Sacrament meeting was cut a little short. It started raining two testimonies in, so we said the closing prayer, and everyone made a mad dash to their cabins. Mom made an awesome dinner for us. Manicotti! Woo hoo! I love that stuff! They cleaned up after lunch and left, Dad leading the way on the motorcycle (I'm sure mom was a nervous wreck the whole way down). We stayed and visited with Carol Anne Weech for a while and then Phillip and Sophie Weech (NEWLYWEDS!) and Emily Weech and her boyfriend, Jason, came over and we visited with them for a while too. It was fun to get to see Phillip. I haven't really talked to him since he got off his mission. He has been a little preoccupied though, so I guess there is a good reason. We took a short nap after they all left (I swear there is nothing like sleeping in the mountains) and we took off too. Let me tell you Dramamine is a LIFESAVER. That mountain road is HORRID, but we made it down. It was really fun to get to hang out with my family up at Columbine. Here is a picture of us all outside our cabin getting ready to go to church (I told Collin "Nobody wears Church clothes up there, its the mountains" Needless to say he was kinda miffed at me when he saw that my family wasn't the only ones in white shirts and ties. Oops!)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe a FEW white shirts and ties, but ALL BLUE JEANS! Whahoooooooo! It was fun having you two come up, and I hope the altitude headaches are gone!
Mom

Unknown said...

that was really fun being up there with you
liv

Heather said...

Hey Hannah! I'm sending you an invite to my blog..so keep an eye out! I thought I did a while back, but maybe it went to your spam or something.

It looks like you guys had an awesome 4th! The mountain sounds wonderful.

Rochelle said...

Thanks for coming over and spending your evening with my family and all their craziness! We had fun! We'll have to bust out another round of spoons sometime- it's a fun game!

mary said...

This is an adventure I have never tried. Your mom is quite the woman! She's tried to get me up at the cabin for years. I just am too much of a city girl I'm afraid. The bear trying to get in the cabin last season about flipped me out. What an experience to hear the bear breathing through the open window screen! Ha ha!:) Love you, a.m.