Saturday, July 5, 2008

Saga II

So this lovely Saturday morning Collin and I didn't have to be anywhere so we slept in. We stayed in bed a little longer and visited and then decided to get up and make a huge breakfast. Yummy bacon and eggs, hash browns, buscuits and gravy- it was quite a spread. I was making the gravy and noticed Jason Black driving by on a trencher and really didn't think anything of it. We ate breakfast, and then I was going to get in the shower to get ready for work. I went to go turn the water on and.... NOTHING HAPPENED! Collin called Jason and guess what? That innocent trencher (with him driving) hit the water line. Water, Water Everywhere, but not a drop for me... So the second day in a week where I am learning what a precious commodity water is. I live in the desert so you would think that I know that by now, Eh? Well, I guess this calls for another dip in the pool. For me, this is having a little too much in common with all the little pool rats (thats our fancy term for the kids that are at the pool all day, everyday). Thankfully, unlike Thursday, there was still enough water for one more flush of the toilet. HALLELUJAH! There are still miracles from heaven! The funny thing about this is that I have had a song from SESAME STREET, stuck in my head all morning. It goes something like this. "Cool, Clean Water (Water, Water, Water) Cool, Clean Water." How's that for life's little ironies.

3 comments:

The Richards said...

I am so sorry about your water problems, but please don't take the dip in the pool until Galatea is done with her lessons!!!LOL

Hawkins Family said...

That stinks about your water lines. Its amazing what we take for granted until we dont have it:) Hope things are back to normal for ya. I like your new background..super cute

Skinners said...

Holy Cow! I don't know if I'm laughing so hard because it's late, funny or both! Don't you love life in the small town. Makes me miss home! Guess we are coming the end of the month. Can't wait to see you guys. It seems like its been forever! Okay, two months isn't long but you know! Give my baby brother a big squeeze for me!