Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Arizona Monsoon We Salute You!!!

Can I just say that I love this time of year! We had some pretty amazing weather today and I think it is safe to say that the monsoon season is here. Anyone who has ever lived in Arizona knows how cool it is to watch the storms roll in. The clouds start to accumulate and then BAM! all of a sudden you are smack dab in the middle of a thunderstorm. One of the hazards (or perks if you're a glass-half-full kinda person) of being a lifeguard is the weather. I was supposed to work until 9:00 tonight, but the weather was being hazardous, so I got to come home 2 hours early! No complaints here! The typical storm in the Gila Valley goes like this... It usually starts in Solomonville and barrels through the valley. There are rolling power outages all over and by about the time it hits Thatcher everyone in Pima is out on their porches watching the storm because well, the electricity is off and what else are we supposed to do? So in the end you spend a wonderful evening with your family on the front porch watching the lightning and rain as if it were the 4th of July fireworks show. It is sure great! I have alot of memories hanging out with cousins on Grandma and Grandpa Crocketts backporch watching the storms come over the mountains. Its enough to make any person nostalgic. Well, no salute would be comple without some pictures. I did not take these, however they are still pretty cool. Some of them are pretty close to what we experienced today too, others are just cool pictures.










2 comments:

payneful life said...

I LOVE RAIN!!! I couldn't agree with you more. Happy Fourth of JULY!

Rochelle said...

I love it! That has got to be one of the only reasons people stay in this blasted hot state during the summer! Looking forward to the the monsoon storms and the sunsets is what gets half of us through the summer! Gotta love it!