Thursday, July 10, 2008

Fun in the Sun at the Pima Pool

So this summer has actually been pretty fun for me. I work long hours, but I get to work with some really fun kids. Well, I have a couple of stories of our doings and goings on at the pima pool... The last couple of days have been really cloudy and overcast but they haven't produced for us at all. We have spent hours scouring the clouds for any sign of lightning and praying for the slightest downpour...NOTHING. We started joking that we needed to do a rain dance. A little while later this is what the MALE lifeguards came up with...
So we were very optimistic and all day waited for the thunderstorm that we just knew this rain dance would bring...NOTHING. However, the next day a kid got sick and threw up in the pool. We got to close the pool down for the rest of the day and go home! We are not sure if the kid got sick because of some adverse, delayed side effect of our powerful rain dance, but you can be assured that we will be doing some more experimentation and investigation into the subject. ALSO, while we were waiting on the verdict to come back on whether we were going to get to go home, or open up at a later time, me and another guard (Kali Carlsen, whom I absolutely LOVE!)ambushed a poor unsuspecting little boy and started playing with his hair. Eventually the hairspray came out and this is the end product. Notice the look of priceless enthusiasm on his face... We told him he had a white Lenny Cravitz thing going (I know, what every 8 year old boy wants to hear) and he went home looking somewhat unconvinced, but perhaps just a little flattered. :)

7 comments:

Rochelle said...

That cracks me up! I love it! Tell them to keep practicing- maybe it will work a few more times! Heck, maybe even today!

goatsie said...

lol Talk about syncronized swimming! I really am missing the pool. Who are the other guys besides Stormy? p.s. has anybody pooed on the high dive this summer yet? I think throw up wins though that's gross for everyone.

mary said...

You are definitely the fun one Han! :) How do you keep water from burning your nose??? Love your new back ground. You're my inspiration. :)

Unknown said...

How much did you pay the kid to throw up???? Ha! Glad you got a day off:)

payneful life said...

NICE! I love it when you get the rest of the day off...totally AWESOME! The poor boy...he will probably be scared for life;)

Heather said...

Too funny!! The throw-up thing grossed me out. I remember when Matt pooped at Taylor Pool by our house growing up and they had to close down the pool. Good times!

Heather said...

Hannah I have a blogging question! How do you put a picture in the header? I think yours is so cute.